Make it // Watercolour storage tins

Yep... still going strong on the watercolour front...
I needed another tin for my increasing collections of brushes, pencils and pens... so, sticking with my current theme, I've wrapped a tin with an abstract watercolour.

What you need:
A tin can (label removed)
Watercolour paper / block - I used Fabriano Hot Pressed Traditional White 300gsm 100% cotton
Watercolours - I used an assortment of Windsor & Newton Cotman colours
BrushesDouble sided tape
a pencil and ruler
washi tape (optional)
craft knife, cutting pad & metal ruler

So this is super simple...


Measure the length you need to wrap the can, and the height (between the 2 metal rims of the can)...

Draw this up on your paper.... I've done two, so I can choose which I prefer at the end...

Start painting... I've gone abstract and laid down water, then dabbled over the top...


Or you could doodle in pen and colour in with your paints, if you want a stronger look, similar to this project.

Once it's completely dry, remove from you block and cut out the wraps...
I prefer the bottom one, I like the electric blue...










Wrap some double sided tape around your tin... one piece near the top edge and another wrapping around close to the bottom edge. Then carefully line up your paper and wrap this around.


I also put a strip of washi tape over the point where the edges met, to give it a neat finish...



And you're done...



Labels: , , , , , , ,