Make it // Easy Double Knit Blanket

Definitely feeling good about having finished off a few projects so early in the New Year! 

While I'm not really big on New Years resolutions, I'm hoping to finish more projects and buy fewer new supplies... I have so much fabric sitting and waiting to be used, so first it was the Geometric cushion and now I've finished this easy knit blanket (which had been sitting waiting for the i-cord border to be added for quite a while!)....




This was a project I found at the Purl Bee (here) and which I'd really recommend.. Very quick and easy, a great project for someone who might be new to knitting and the result is a lovely luscious, thick and cosy blanket. And if you haven't checked out the Purl Bee before, you are really missing out - so many great ideas (if only I lived in NYC... and if I did I'd probably overstay my welcome in store!!)...



I would loved to have tried this with the heavier ply yarn that they've used, but, yes, I was using up what I had, which was a lighter weight yarn. I love the chunky look of the original. Don't be put off by the i-cord border, it was more straight forward to follow than it might look at first glance...

Labels: , , ,